Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 September 2012

In control at last...

It's been a good few days. Nice to feel like I am in control of my life again. I say again, but really I mean it's nice to feel in control of my life for the first time ever!

I've been having a bit of a clear out. Packed up loads of clothes and books etc for the charity shop - British heart foundation is my favourite, not only because I know people who have had heart problems, but because they handle donations so well!
Yesterday I loaded the old Volvo with junk from the attic and took it to the council recycling centre. It was only as I took it all out at Flusco tip that I realised what a state the Volvo was in.
It's used principally as a dog vehicle, most of its journeys are spent transporting dogs around the country for the Lakeland Trailhound trust. So the back was covered in dog hair of all kinds, muddy paw prints, sticks, etc. while the front was muddy from boots and littered with rubbish....

So I decided to clean it out. Now did that take a while..... But it was worth it. Looking good!
Which is more than I can say for my nails. A couple of days ago they were beautifully manicured and painted, now they are chipped, broken and filthy!

That's always been one the difficult things in my job. I like being girls, but it's almost impossible to maintain when I am up to my elbows in oil inside a machine, or covered in pigment that gets behind my nails and is impossible to remove!!  A girls engineer/ chemist is just not feasible sometimes.

Talking of being in control, though, I have finally organised a builder to come and sort the rising damp in the living room. Got to keep the value of the house up, you never know.....

So onward and upward. My Sunday lie in is ending soon, and I have lots to do.
Starting with Archie's walk :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment