Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 July 2012

Inspiration

I was thinking about the blog earlier today when I was out walking. The walk was pleasant, a bit humid, but nice all the same. I went up walla, one of my favourite walks and one that Archie loves too. He knows it better than me nowadays. It was nice and quiet too until I got to the top and discovered a school geography trip making enough noise to wake the whole of Keswick!

We had no rain today, unlike other areas, but boy was it hot and humid. Still is.
Walla is so lovely and holds so many happy memories for me. Walked up there one year on my birthday, hand in hand with the love of my life and many times talked to him on the phone from the top of walla. Happy days :-). I hope finally my grieving for those days is coming to an end. I will love him always, but now I love him as a friend and hope that he loves me in the same way. If you read this, gorgeous, I send you a kiss and my best wishes that your current relationship is making you as happy as I want you to be x.

I still enjoy going up there. Sometimes feeling slightly wistful, but even on my own it's a special walk.

Anyway, back to the blog. As I said, I was thinking about it on my walk. Wondering what to write about. I started to think about other blogs I read and Wendy came into my mind.

Wendy is someone I am proud to call a friend. She is inspirational. She's been through so much and yet has handled it all with a maturity that I am envious of, even though she is half my age. The reason she came into my mind was that she blogs. Regularly. She set herself the challenge of blogging daily and has stuck to that promise she made to herself, through thick and thin; through bad times and good. And she's had some bloody bad times. But what I find so inspirational is her openness. I have read about her ups and downs, expressed with such genuine open honesty, cried and laughed at the different subjects she has blogged about. But above all, I am full of admiration for the way she has bared her soul to us, her readers, sharing all her emotions so openly.

If I had possessed as much sense and maturity as Wendy when I was her age ( or even now for that matter) I wouldn't be in the mess I am at the moment! Wendy, I salute you....


Plus, she is a bloody good artist. I like to think I can draw, but she's at another level entirely. Such talent for drawing and writing. Wendy will go far in her life, of that I'm sure. I wish had half the strength of character that girl has.

So, if Wendy can blog every day after what she has been through, why can't I? I've had it pretty easy, so it should be easy to write every day.
I will try and do it. When I feel down, which is usually at weekends, like now, I will think about what she's suffered and give myself a shake.

to Wendy.... I raise my glass to you in admiration :-)

I love your blog. It is inspirational indeed.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh Barbara! Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy that my blog has inspired you in such a positive way. Thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog and saying such wonderful things. You have truly brightened my day :)

Post a Comment